Dermaplaning is a skin care treatment that removes dead skin cells and vellus hair, aka peach fuzz.
An aesthetician uses a small, sterile blade while holding the skin taut, swiping the blade in gentle upward motions.
The procedure involves the use of a 10-inch scalpel, which curves into a sharp point. The blade is used on clean, dry skin on the forehead, cheeks, chin, nose and neck. You can expect to see an instant improvement in skin texture and tone, while the long-term effects are increased cell turnover, fewer wrinkles and dark spots, reduction of acne scarring, and the removal of fine facial hair.
• Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
• Safe disposal of used blades
• Proper sanitization of instruments used in dermaplaning
• Proper draping, client safety & comfort during the procedure • Pre-treatment skin analysis and explanation of the procedure to the client
• The ability to follow the protocol for preparing the client’s skin prior to treatment
• Competency in performing the dermaplaning procedure
on each other