Belief is everything. Belief is simply being able to see the beauty in your uniqueness and never letting anyone convince you otherwise.
So how do we live positively? It’s a bit of work, no doubt. It involves some heavy lifting, it involves cleaning up your mind and body. And to what extent, you ask?
Well, let’s look at the garbage you may have been leaving all over the landscape of your mind.
Let’s examine it, come on now! Don’t be afraid, it won’t bite you. It will make you depressed. It will make you angry. It will make you act in ways you don’t like. It will make you hurt others. It will steel your motivation. It might make you try to escape through bad food, gambling, alcohol, disconnected sex, drugs, pornography, apathy, overworking yourself, judging others, complaining, self-sabotaging, fear and anxiety. But this junk in your head I can assure you won’t bite.
So let’s start on the clean up. First we need to identify what is garbage and what is gold.
Here is my list of mental garbage, you can make your own.
- I’m not good enough
- No one likes me for me
- If people knew how weak I was inside they would never respect me
- I have so many flaws
- I can’t do it
- I feel my body is not healthy, I feel weakness and pain
- I’m getting too old
- I don’t like the way I look
- I can’t connect the way I want to with people
- Because of my past I don’t fit in
- Too many bad things have happened to me …. I’m damaged goods
- People leave me because there is something wrong with me
- I’m hard to love
- I don’t see myself as beautiful
- I have to work to make myself worthy
- I have to prove I’m worth it
- One day I will be somebody
- I have to please everyone to make them like me
- I should always come last …. that’s humility
- No one liked me in school so there must have been something wrong with me
- My family broke up and I don’t see them any more – that was my fault
- I’m unlovable
- I’m scared of dying
- I fear my mortality
- I fear change, because I might not be able to cope
- I fear my weakness
- My brain is so sensitive, it can break
These are just a few of the garbage thoughts a person can have.
So we do what we do Mentally with any garbage. We pick it up, look at it and say, ok I learned from you. But it’s time for you to be recycled. Don’t ever hate the garbage. Respect it. Honor it. Learn from it. Recycle it into gold. Become a mental alchemist.
Here is my list of mental gold, you can make your own.
- I am love
- I love everyone and everything and it’s reflected back to me.
- There is no competition on the spiritual plain.
- We are all unique beautiful creatures
- We are all learning important, essential, incredible lessons
- I am so grateful for my path and my growth
- Thank you universe
- Thank you for the glorious gift of life
- I am enough
- I am beautiful
- I am eternal
- I have no fear because all there is is love.
- I have always had all that I will ever need, I am abundant
- I am gifted with my own uniqueness, and it’s a light I give to the world
- All other life, animal, plant, human is a beautiful expression of existence and I honor it.
- I see myself in all others and therefore I am filled with kindness, compassion, patience and love.
- I am capable of saying no when it’s right for me
- I don’t owe the world anything but to be.
- It’s not my responsibility to save anyone but myself.
- Loving others does not mean I have to carry their burdens.
- I am free to be 100% authentically me
- To do not judge others so therefore I do not judge myself
- I am a glorious expression of nature
- I am loving on purpose
- I am capable of anything I can imagine
- I love adventure and the excitement change brings
- I do not fear death as I know it will only be the beginning of something equally beautiful in my evolution
- I am a soul experiencing a human form
- I am safe
- My essence is eternally perfect
- I was created perfectly, I need only to remember this
You have the power to transform your very being through the mechanism of a beautiful mind.